InnoHEALTH is the flagship annual international conference of InnovatioCuris, reverberating under the beats of healthcare and innovation. It aims to deliver qualitative healthcare at optimum cost at all levels by clocking various facets of innovation.
The conference has been hosted 5 times, hosting over 50 sessions, enabling a total gathering of over 2500 participants through 300+ speakers with over 100 partners supporting the cause.
Many sideline events happen, like the prestigious Young Innovator’s Award, Hands-on workshops, Training sessions, Book releases, Poster presentations, Networking colabs, Podcasts, Booth presentations, etc;
InnoHEALTH has become an yearly opportunity to experience the folklore of innovation. It is an extravaganza to the community looking to immerse themselves in the deep healthcare topics carved out by some great minds.
2023 edition speakers
Dr. Malkeet Singh is currently working as a ‘Senior HTA Specialist’ at the National Health Authority (NHA). He works in the Health Financing and Technology Assessment (HeFTA) Unit of the NHA and is responsible for commissioning, quality assurance, and implementation of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) evidence, to inform technology-related policy making at the NHA. Previously, he has worked in the same domain, with the HTA body of the country (HTAIn, MoH&FW), private sector, and nonprofit organizations
- Managing Director-Yashoda Super Specialty Hospitals, GZB
- National Chairperson Indo-American Chamber of Commerce NIC Committee on Healthcare
- Chairperson Special Olympics Delhi Chapter
- National Treasurer of Special Olympics Bharat
- DAO FOR HEALTH WORKING GROUP IN G20
- Nominated Advocate to G20- W20 Alliance for Women
- Co-Chair- CII Northern Regional Committee on Healthcare
- Co- Chairperson – FICCI Medical Tourism Committee
- Brand Ambassador NABH
- Panel Member Medical Tourism, Emirates International Accreditation Centre (EIAC)
- Member NABH Accreditation Committee
- Member EPiHC
- FICCI – Medical Tourism Committee Member
- FICCI – Health Service Committee Member
- Assessor – NABH & CII Healthcare Business Excellence
- Chairperson- SEPC Healthcare Sector
- Regional President of the North India Council Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Chairperson- Indo-US Chamber of Commerce Healthcare Division
- Co-Chairperson ASSOCHAM Women Forum
- Co-Chairperson-ASSOCHAM Healthcare Council
- Chairperson- ASSOCHAM Empowerment Council
- Co-Chairperson – Healthcare Committee (North Region), Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Member- NABL Board
- President – AHPI UP & Uttarakhand Region
- Member-ICC National Healthcare Committee
- Member-Ethical Committee AHPI
- Board of Governor- National Odour Research & Management Institute
Dr. Vijay Agarwal, President – CAHO a crusader for Continual Quality Improvement in Healthcare, has a vision to raise the bar of Indian Healthcare Organizations to match Global Standards, through CAHO which is a national body of repute for promoting patient safety, healthcare quality protocols and accreditation.
He believes that ‘People Make Quality’. Driven by this passionate belief, a series of CAHO Certified Professional Courses were established to equip and train every healthcare professional to pursue the quality journey.
He was instrumental, in the country adopting pulse polio strategy for Polio Eradication and also played a key role in shaping the Bio Medical Waste Management Scheme in Delhi.
He was a member of the ISRO Health Quest Project, a unique collaboration between space scientists and healthcare professionals to take the country closer to the goal of “error-free” healthcare.
He is a post-graduate in paediatrics from the Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He commenced his professional career in 1973, has over the decades earned a sterling reputation as a Paediatrician and has been recognised by IMA as Hony Professor.
He has held various positions :
- Co-Chair of NABH Accreditation Committee (2014 to 2018)
- Executive Director- Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital (2007 to 2015)
- Former Advisor to Max Healthcare (Quality & Business Excellence);(2015 to 2019)
- Chair-Technical Committee, Karnataka Task Force for Public Policy in Healthcare
- Founder Chairman of Nursing Home Forum ( 1992 to 2002)
- Founder President of Society for Child Development (1995 till now)
- Chair Accreditation Committee NABET (QCI) ( Appointed in 2020)
He is recipient of –
- Distinguished Alumnus Award of Maulana Azad Medical College
- Lifetime Achievement Award of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Lifetime Achievement Award of Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI)
- QIPMRO Platinum Standard- Healthcare Award for being : National Statesman for Quality & Excellence
Henrik Uddén is the CEO and Co-Founder of SmartCare. He has almost 30 years’ experience within IT & Business Development from MNCs like IBM and PwC as well as from private companies. He has worked many years in the Healthcare Industry in different countries. Henrik has an MBA in Business Administration and Economics from Stockholm School of Business & Stockholm University.
Henrik has a truly global background having lived, studied, and worked in a total of 8 countries. First time he came to India was when his father was the CEO of Ericsson in India in the early 90:s.
Since 2019, Henrik channeled his focus and energy into co-founding and building the health-tech company, SmartCare. Alongside his co-founding partner Surendra Kumar, they have built a platform and established a company with an “India First” policy. Their venture is anchored by a fully owned subsidiary based in Noida, and with a sales office in Guwahati. SmartCare has been developed with a focus on Data Security & Privacy and always keeping the doctors & clinics needs as the priority. Over 3000 doctors have been onboarded on SmartCare so far, with the intent on supporting the digitization of India’s entire Healthcare Clinic Sector.
SmartCare is a unique and comprehensive platform that integrates patient records, digital prescriptions, appointment scheduling, payment solutions, and pathology & pharmacy functionality. SmartCare doctors also get support in getting fully digitized with webpage, GMB & social media pages.
The Government’s initiative (ABDM) to digitize the Healthcare Sector is what SmartCare has been developed to adress.
Mr. Amarjeet Singh Cheema works as a Associate Director and Head of the Department at the Health Informatics Group, C-DAC Noida. He has just completed his successful tenure with NHA as Director IT Operations. He has also worked as a Joint Advisor (IT) in TRAI. He has 22+ years of experience in the Health Informatics field and has led several projects of national importance. He is certified CMMI Associate and has received C-DAC Noida’s Best Leadership Award and Director General C-DAC Better Performing Fellow C-Dacian Award. He is passionate about transforming research into practical applications. The systems designed by him are being used by millions of users and have received several prestigious awards over the years. He has more than 25 publications in reputed national and international conferences/journals and 04 copyrights.
Vivek Mittal is an accomplished technology innovator with a strong academic foundation and over 20 years of experience in the technology industry. His profound expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning has positioned him as a thought leader and visionary in the field of technology and product development.
Vivek Mittal holds a Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning from BITS Pilani. His academic journey has provided him with the solid knowledge base and the intellectual tools required to push the boundaries of technology.
With a truly global outlook, Vivek has had the privilege of traveling to 14 countries for work and business purposes. This extensive international exposure has not only enriched his personal experiences but has also broadened his understanding of the global technology landscape.
Seasoned Industry Professional
Vivek’s professional journey is marked by significant contributions to renowned global companies. Before embarking on the journey of YugasaBot within Yugasa Software Labs, he held key positions at esteemed organizations including ST MicroElectronics in Singapore, Xilinx in Singapore, Mentor Graphics (now Siemens), and Synopsys.
Innovation at YugasaBot
As the Co-Founder of Yugasa Software Labs Pvt Ltd, Vivek Mittal has steered the development of YugasaBot, a cutting-edge AI-enabled, omnichannel SaaS platform. Today, YugasaBot ranks among the top 5 chatbot solutions in the country and has filed 4 patents. Vivek’s passion for innovation and commitment to excellence are reflected in YugasaBot’s successful collaborations with industry giants like Schneider Electric, Narayana Superspeciality, PSB Academy of Singapore, Apollo Clinics, Jiva Ayurveda, BPTP, and many more.
Vivek Mittal’s journey as a technology leader, coupled with his global outlook and penchant for innovation, continues to shape the landscape of artificial intelligence and chatbot solutions. His work stands as a testament to his dedication to advancing technology and creating meaningful solutions for healthcare businesses.
An experienced radiologist with experience in AI-driven product management, Dr Vasanth serves as the Principal Medical and Clinical Product Officer at CARPL. By integrating AI into clinical practice, he has improved workflows and patient outcomes. With a practical approach, he works closely with clinicians, AI vendors, and platform architects to develop products suited for radiologists, enhancing user experience and results. He also plays a key role in introducing AI solutions in hospitals. In his past role as an Assistant Professor at a well-known medical college, he taught upcoming healthcare professionals about radiology. Dr. Vasanth is recognized for their hands-on clinical knowledge, teaching skills, and innovative approach to healthcare through technology.
Dr Rajiv Pathni is founder and Director of Praar Consulting which focuses on
3H (Health, Healthcare & Hospitals).
He is a veteran IAF officer with over three decades of healthcare leadership experience in India and abroad. After distinguished service in IAF, he was invited by Tata Trusts to lead Assam Cancer Care Foundation – a project of 19 cancer hospitals.
An alumnus of AFMC, he earned his Masters in Hospital Administration from AIIMS and is a WHO Fellow (UK). He is also trained in International Business Management (IIFT), Military Medicine (Israel) and Aerospace Medicine.
He is on the Editorial Board of Journal of Healthcare Management standards (USA), Executive Committee of Research Foundation of Hospital & Healthcare Administration (RFHHA), Board of Executives of Academy of Hospital Administration (AHA).
He has contributed as an expert on several government and industry panels and continues to provide consultancy and pro bono support as a domain expert in healthcare.
Dr. Vishnuvardhan Pogunulu Srinivasulu is a highly accomplished trauma surgeon, digital health tech visionary, and serial entrepreneur with over two decades of experience in the healthcare sector. He has an impressive educational background, holding an MBBS, an MS in Orthopaedics, dual Master’s degrees (MBA and MS) in Business Administration and Science and technology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and a Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science. Throughout his illustrious career, he has donned multiple hats—serving as a C-suite executive, and medical expert to international organisations like the United Nations. He has been pivotal in several healthcare initiatives in US and India.
As the Founder and CEO of Vizzhy, Dr. Vishnuvardhan brings his multifaceted expertise to the table to revolutionise the management of metabolic disorders ACCOUNT FOR 75 % OF HEALTHCARE BURDEN. VIZZHY is breaking new ground by employing a multi-omics approach TO ADDRESS ROOT CAUSE OF CHRONIC DISEASE and, powered by the latest advancements in Computational biology, Generative Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), healthcare analytics and Blockchain technology. His mission is not just to improve healthcare but to redefine it entirely. By focusing on the prediction, prevention, precise and personalised management and even remission of metabolic disorders, Dr. Vishnuvardhan aims to integrate these cutting-edge technologies to build healthcare solutions that are not only innovative but also scalable on a global level.
Dr. Devasenathipathy Kandasamy is a distinguished medical professional with a wide range of qualifications and extensive experience in the field of radiology. Currently serving as a Professor at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi, he has made significant contributions to the field of medical imaging.
Dr. Kandasamy holds an impressive academic and research background, having published over 150 indexed publications and delivered more than 100 lectures at various conferences and Continuing Medical Education (CME) events. His expertise spans across multiple areas, including pediatric radiology, endocrine imaging, abdominal imaging, and Imaging Informatics.
Dr. W. Selvamurthy is presently working with Amity University as President of Amity Science, Technology and Innovation Foundation, Director General for Amity Directorate of Science and Innovation, and Chancellor of Amity University, Chhattisgarh.
Dr. Selvamurthy did his Master’s (M.Sc.) in Human Physiology from Christian Medical College, Vellore (1972) and Doctorate (Ph.D.) (Faculty of Medical Science) from Delhi University (1982) and Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) from Bangalore (2006). He was also awarded D.Sc. (h.c) from five universities in recognition of his outstanding research and development contributions in Life Sciences.
Dr. Selvamurthy has served the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Ministry of Defence, Government of India for 40 years. At DRDO serving in various senior leadership roles, he was responsible for the research and development of all the health-related and life science-related technologies that were inducted in the Armed Forces with the sole aim to keep the Armed Forces healthy and efficient in all operational environments including extremely inhospitable terrains.
This biomedical research immensely benefited the Armed Forces and also gave spin offs for civil social use. His R&D contributions include the development of life support systems, CBRN technology, management and mitigation including training; nanotechnology for defence applications; importantly yoga and military psychology. He was the leader of the first Indo-Soviet scientific expedition to the Arctic Circle for polar physiology research. He superannuated from DRDO on 28 February 2013 as Distinguished Scientist and Chief Controller, Research & Development (Life Sciences & International Cooperation) and joined Amity University thereafter in his present role.
He is a member of the High-Powered Committee appointed by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to review its 12th Plan; Chairman of the Technology Commercialization Committee of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). He is also the chairperson of Institutional Review Board (Ethics Committee) (IRB) of Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Rohini, Delhi; Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) of ICMR for Medical Devices and Diagnostic Secretariat (MDMS) under the Division of ITR, ICMR-Hqrs, New Delhi; Assessment Committee under the “Yoga Certification Board (YCB)”, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India; Sub Committee for Technical/Financial recommendations on Hub proposal under Biomedical Device and Technology Development (BDTD) Programme of DST.
Dr. Selvamurthy has also chaired the National Advisory Committee (NAC) for the formulation of policy on Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR), Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. He was also the Chairman of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) for the Plan Scheme: National Science and Technology Management Information System (NSTMIS), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
He has an h-index of 39 and published more than 250 research papers in journals of repute including 18 books.
He has been a member of the Indian delegation to the World Health Assembly under the Chairmanship of the Health Minister to speak about the complimentary systems of medicine including Yoga.
He has represented India at the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) at the conference of State Parties, Executive Council, Working Group, and Confidentiality Commission.
Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) has entrusted the responsibility of Technology Vision (Health) – 2035 to Dr. Selvamurthy as Chairman to formulate the Vision for the Nation for Health & Medical Sciences.
In recognition of his significant contributions in the field of biomedical research and development, he has been awarded several prestigious research awards, a few prominent ones are Dr. A.P. J Abdul Kalam Award for the Most prominent scientist & educationist by OASIS WORLD RECORDS (2023), 6th Dr. B.K. Anand Memorial Award by Nutrition Society of India, Hyderabad (2018), Distinguished Science Leadership Excellence Award by World Science Congress (2017), J. Watumull Global Hospital & Research Centre, CSIR “National Award for S&T Innovations” presented by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India (2012), Academician Mirsaid Mirrakhimov award for “Contribution to High Altitude Medicine” from Kyrgyz Republic (2012), “Technology Leadership Award” by DRDO (2010) presented by Defence Minister of India, Lifetime Achievement Award from the Hon’ble President of India in the field of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology (2006), ICMR Shakuntala Amir Chand Award (1986).
Dr. Tavpritesh Sethi is a physician-scientist and Associate Professor of Computational Biology at Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi, India and a fellow of the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. Over the past two years, he has been a visiting faculty member at Stanford University, School of Medicine from February 2017 to January 2019. He received his M.B.B.S from Government Medical College, Amritsar and PhD from CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi, India. Dr. Sethi specializes in improving outcomes in neonatal, child and maternal health by bridging medicine and artificial intelligence. His research is focused on development and deployment of machine-learning based solutions to enable decisions and policy in pressing healthcare questions such as antimicrobial resistance, sepsis and health inequalities in intensive care and public health settings. He has authored over 20 research articles and has been a recipient of MIT-TR35 India Innovators under 35, Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance Early Career Award. He is an editorial board member of PLOS One, Systems Medicine and Journal of Genetics. Dr. Sethi is a member of the European Association of Systems Medicine and leads the Australasia region for International Association of Systems and Networks Medicine (IASyM).
Dr Shirshendu Mukherjee, trained as Medical Microbiologist and has Global and national exposure with more than two decades of high level work experience in top organisations, which helps to bring to fore cumulative perspectives on issues related to healthcare (especially public health issues and unmet medical needs), food and nutritional challenges in India as well as across the globe, he has devised and formulated strategies for mitigating challenges and bridging gaps through impact funding.
He has worked independently as well as with multitudes of partners (both national & international) for a complete oversight of cutting edge translational research and deep understanding of issues that impinge up on national and global translational research. He has deep knowledge in pharmaceuticals, bio-pharmaceuticals and med-tech industry globally.
Before joining Wellcome Trust as Senior Strategic Advisor, (India), Dr Mukherjee was Staff Scientist at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology(ICGEB). Dr Mukherjee, works on the India Initiative of Wellcome Trust and manages the R&D for Affordable Healthcare In India, a Â£30 million Initiative of the Wellcome Trust in India. The Initiative funds translation research leading to affordable healthcare solution in India and beyond. Presently Dr Mukherjee is the Mission Director, of the Program Management Unit of BIRAC, which manages the Grand Challenges Program of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and also the Affordable Healthcare in India Initiative of the Wellcome Trust.
Dr Mukherjee holds Ph.D. in Microbiology, Law graduate, Advance Course in Strategy Management form IIM Kolkata and management and leadership course form Said Business school university of Oxford.
Dr. Vibha is a process oriented, outcome focused healthcare professional with a journey spanning over two decades. She has been associated with multiple digital healthcare projects including EHR/EMR implementations with focus on CDSS, care protocols and pathways, BCMA, specialty specific EMRs, Radiology Information System and PACS, online tool for HAI tracking, online/digital OPD prescription, home care, integrated platform for Oncology including tumor board, AI in healthcare, digitalization of IVF processes etc. A clinician by qualification, she has been engaged in enabling clinical and business tech platforms with process and digital transformation empowering operational efficiencies for various organizations like ART Fertility, Max Healthcare, Action Balaji etc.
Dr. Vibha has done MBA from Symbiosis International University, post attaining her medical graduate degree from LLRM Medical College, and keen on improving healthcare delivery and outcomes by adopting best practices, healthcare digitalization and adoption of newer technologies like AI/ML and new innovations. She believes in improving adoption, increasing efficiencies, and creating options to have structured data for analysis and research to aide in improving clinical outcomes, standardizing care protocols, facilitating decision support and move towards prescriptive and personalized medicine.
With the changing health care scenario in post covid era, she is currently working as a consultant, contributing her bit towards creating an environment of holistic well being aided by digital healthcare tools and technologies.
- Dr Beena holds a Doctorate in Medicine (DM) degree in Endocrinology from SGPGIMS, Lucknow. and is passionate about exploring medicine beyond the boundaries of science, where it interacts with humanities.
- She conducted a series of conversations (FEM 2019, FEM2020, Humanising Medicine 2022) with psychologists and social scientists to address and fill this gap between training and practise, which are archived on the website drbeenabansal.com.
- An upcoming podcast explores the incorporation of patients’ experiences in creating scientific knowledge.
- She currently manages door to care, an Endocrine & Diabetes Clinic & Research Center, which she founded in 2018 in an attempt to break away from the usual patterns of care delivery. She was previously Director in Division of Endocrinology at Medanta, the Medicity, Gurgaon, where she set up protocols for inpatient diabetes management, which is part of a new CareOps venture.
- She has also created a social and financial support group for type 1 patients called Saksham: a type 1 diabetes welfare society.
Surjeet Thakur, Founder and CEO of TrioTree Technologies Pvt. Ltd – a fast growing healthcare IT company with clients in India, UAE and USA.
With more than 23 years of experience in Healthcare Technology implementation, Design and Development of Healthcare solutions and expert in architecting and solutioning the healthcare and life science based IT applications on ML, IoT, AI, Cognitive Computing, Data Science..
He has a strong foothold and global experience in a variety of Health Information Systems, ERPs, Back office applications, RIS-PACS and various other associated applications from US, Germany and India. He has led teams to successful completion of several enterprise implementations in multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environments.
Surjeet is BE – Computer Science with expertise in healthcare domain with working in both Hospitals as well as IT Companies viz., American Hospital Dubai, Dell Services, Max Healthcare etc.
- Strategized, Championed and successfully rolled out the HIS-EHR Implementation and support for the largest chain of Hospital in India, Max healthcare Group
- Program Manager for the IT Strategy and roadmap for “IT digitization” of American Hospital Dubai. Heading the Project Management Office (PMO) for Roadmap to RFP to demo to shortlist to implementation phase
- Heading the technical architecture group for the Integration of disparate systems at American Hospital Dubai and Dell Systems
- Member of the Management of Information (MIS) chapter for JCIA for 2 years
- Member of the Barcoding Strategy for Healthcare for UAE Government
- Thought Leader & Speaker for various Physician – CIO workshops in India, Middle East and United States
- Recipient of Top 50 Healthcare Leaders Award
- Eleven years of being a Podiatric Surgeon, with the lowest number of amputation rates in DFU patients (as per the independent study done by a pharma giant – 2% in comparison to the India average of 19%)
- Holds a blend of qualifications in Management, Artificial Intelligence, & Health Economics from , Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and World Bank respectively,
- Entrepreneur, with successful exits in 2 companies and presently investee in 3 companies. Mentor and Advisor for MedTech start up’s through NSRCEL, Stanford Seed, and Ginserv.
- Inventor with 6 international patents in MedTech and Telemedicine. 112 paper presentations, guest speaker and publications.
- Felicitated as the “Rising Star” in the Times Healthcare Achievers Awards, instituted by the Times Group and Govt. of Karnataka, in 2019. In 2022, awarded as the “Best Podiatric Surgeon, Karnataka” in Time Group. FootSecure was also awarded as the “Best Podiatry Clinic Chain” by the India Today Group in January 2020.
Oommen is a physician, public health researcher with a special interest in health informatics. He completed his MD in Internal Medicine from CMC, Ludhiana and an Executive MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. He leads the Health Systems Design at BMGF, India Country office and is the focal point for technical support to National Health Authority for PMJAY.
He is an elected fellow of the International Academy of Health Science Informatics, a conjoint lecturer at Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney and Professor at Prasanna School of Public Health, Manipal Academy of Higher Education and an associate editor of Oxford Open Digital Health.
Oommen has extensive field level experience in the area of designing, implementing and evaluating innovative solutions and its applicability in health service delivery. He has served with WHO in Immunization Strengthening and Vaccine Delivery, Research and Development at country office India and South East Asia Regional office. He also has corporate sector experience, as Director , Clinical Decision Support at Wolters Kluwer he led the strategic initiatives for scaling up evidence based decision support in clinical care delivery in emerging markets, He also designed and established the Lippincott Academy of Clinical Excellence in partnership with National Board of Examination, India. Before joining the Gates foundation, at George Institute for global health India, he led research initiatives evaluating the role of digital health interventions in improving clinical outcomes in chronic conditions and established the India health innovations accelerator in close partnership with Health10x programme of the University of New South Wales, Sydney.
He has served as the President of the Indian Association for Medical Informatics and Secretary of the Asia Pacific Association for Medical Informatics. He is a member of the scientific advisory committee at Foundation for Innovative Diagnostics (FIND), Commonwealth Centre for Digital Health, WHO Digital Health Guidelines Development Group and ITU-WHO focus group on Artificial Intelligence for Health. He is a member of the working group of the Access to COVID-19 tools Accelerator (ACT- Accelerator) Diagnostics and Digital Pillar. He also serves as expert advisor on health innovations for the Market Access Programme of Ayushman Bharat.
Dr. Priyanka Bajaj is a Ph.D. in Microbiology from University of Delhi and has been working with PATH as Manager- Health and Innovation, Impact Lab for more than five years. She has experience of almost a decade in medical devices, molecular testing, antimicrobial resistance, health technology innovation scale-up and integration with public health programs. At PATH, she supports and advises on technical, clinical, regulatory, and market access aspects of emerging health technologies to innovators and stakeholders that are key to scale-up and adoption in the health systems. Priyanka also supports various cross-disciplinary public health projects at PATH India and global country offices. Some examples being scaling up testing capacity for COVID-19 diagnosis in India, usability studies of a portable MRI machine for application in pediatric brain scans, developing Target Product Profile of Microarray Patches (MAPs) for administration of anti-rabies vaccine, usability and feasibility analysis of intranasal vaccine delivery devices, introducing innovations (medtech and digital health) to strengthen comprehensive primary healthcare and MNCH continuum of care in India and similar LMICs. She has also supported WHO SEARO as Lead Subject Matter Expert from PATH in creating the draft South-East Asia regional roadmap form diagnostic preparedness and integrated regional laboratory networking for health emergencies, and been a member of the Act-A COVID-19 Country Support Working Group and Task Force Member for COVID-19 Testing Strategies and Policy, and Sequencing Marketplace Issues. Prior to PATH, Priyanka has worked as Principal Investigator under Science & Engineering Research Board of Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India). In her early career, she has also led the development of a rapid test for detection of UTI pathogens for which she received the Discovery Awards 2016 as part of the wider Longitude Prize at the Royal Society London.
Dr. Sapan’s primary area of interest is low-cost innovations for resource-limited settings. He strongly believes in providing world-class care at an affordable price to all.
Some of his initiatives in healthcare:
- SIMUCON (Medical SIMulation COmpetetion and CONference)- 1ST of its kind initiative in India which aims towards the development of low-cost sustainable simulation solutions for countries like India through innovation and research that could transform the field of medical education. It’s a unique platform which has brought together multidisciplinary teams of students from Medical, Engineering, Dental, Nursing and paramedical to find innovative solutions to complex clinical problems using locally available materials. 1 st state level SIMUCON 2022 event was held in Christian Hospital Mungeli on 5/06/2022 and supported by USAID-RISE, JHPIEGO (www.simucon.in) and the second SIMUCON 2023 was organized by Shri Balaji Institute of Medical Science under the aegis of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University of Chhattisgarh on 16/09/2023.
- 3D Virtual Interactive Anatomy Simulation Lab- an initiative for nursing students in a resource-limited setting to teach human anatomy through a state-of-the-art interactive interface using tablets thereby effectively improving the quality of anatomy teaching.
- Low-cost simulation models and techniques were utilized to create the First low-cost simulation/skill lab for resource-limited settings in the Chhattisgarh state. This has been started as an initiative to develop sustainable simulation/skill-based education solutions even in the far-end corner of the country.
- Comprehensive Covid Care Centre (CCCC) is a unique one of its kind initiative aimed at strengthening the existing healthcare facility to provide all aspects of pandemic care under one roof in remote areas including prehospital care, triaging, diagnosis, treatment of disease and complications, monitoring, maternal and child health, rehabilitation, post-hospital care, training, vaccination etc. The comprehensive Covid Care Centre (CCCC) concept was adopted by USAID-RISE led by JHPIEGO and incorporated into their Model COVID-19 Care Clinics. The model is ideal for ANY similar pandemic situation in future, especially in any resource-limited setting globally.
- Mini-Oxygen Skill Lab- Chhattisgarh states first Mini Oxygen skill lab was established at Christian Hospital Mungeli in collaboration with USAID-RISE. Mini oxygen skill lab aims to impart necessary knowledge and skills through training to create competent students and healthcare workers for safe and optimal utilization of oxygen and oxygen delivery devices.
Dr. Kamini Khillan is a blood transfusion specialist. She is working as a senior consultant in blood transfusion services at Sir Ganga Ram hospital. She has also worked as a Quality Manager at Sir Ganga Ram hospital, established Quality Management System (QMS) for accreditation by NABH organization for blood banks and as immunohematology specialist. Also worked under the areas like patient blood management, research on transfusion-related immunomodulation, ABOi kidney transplant titer Standardization.
Dr. Kamini Khillan has thirteen years of experience in blood transfusion medicine services. She has served as a member of the expert panel group for developing pan India Blood Bank Networking and Training the Trainer protocols by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Vice chair ‘Hemoglobinopathy Subgroup’ of Clinical Transfusion Working Party of International Society Blood Transfusion (ISBT)Working Party
- Member Immunohematology Working party of ISBT
- Awarded ‘InnovateHER’: Inspiring Women Leaders in Digital Health Award by INNOHEALTH 2022
- Technical Expert for Train the Trainers’ for E-RaktKosh Programme by MOH&FW Govt. of India
Dr. Deepika Khakha is an accomplished healthcare professional with a rich and diverse background in the field of nursing, psychology, and healthcare administration. With an impressive academic journey that includes a B.Sc., M.A. in Psychology, M.Sc. in Nursing from Delhi University, and a Ph.D., Dr. Deepika Khakha has dedicated over three decades of her life to healthcare excellence.
Dr. Deepika Khakha served with distinction at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi for 34 years, holding various positions and contributing significantly to the healthcare ecosystem.
Awards and Fellowships
- AIIMSonians of America Award (1999)
- AIIMSonian of America Award for Best Research (2006)
- Top Poster Award at ‘EVIDENCE LIVE 13,’ Oxford University, England
- Fogarty Fellowship at New York University (2002 – 2003)
- AITRP Fellowship at the University of California, Los Angeles (2007)
- TNAI Nursing Excellence Award in the Academic category (2021)
- National Health ICON WHO Diamond Jubilee Year Award (2023)
Research and Professional Contributions
- National Consultant: 2
- International Consultant: 5
- Journal Editorial Member: 5
- Reviewer for 18 National and International Journals
- Research Projects: 2 (National), 4 (International)
- Research Supervisor: 7 (Ph.D.), 1 (MD), 52 (M.Sc)
- Master Trainer for GFATM
- District Counselling Supervisor for ICTC
- Member of WHO Global Clinical Practice Network
- Member of Doctoral Research Committees: 5
- Expert Committee Member of the Clinton Foundation
Publications and Conferences
- Journal Publications: 67
- Citations: 703
- Book Published: “Essentials of Mental Health Nursing”
- Chapters & Monographs: 10
- Conferences Organized: 12
- Workshops Organized: 50
- Speaker at 200 events
- Award Papers: 7
- Presented Papers Abroad: 10
- Chaired Sessions: 20
Merlin Gayathri is an accomplished healthcare professional with a wealth of experience in various accreditation audits and a strong background in nursing and healthcare management. Her expertise spans a wide range of accreditation audits, including:
- JCIA ACCREDITATION
- NABH ACCREDITATION
- ISO for healthcare
- ISO for the environment
- CII for the healthcare industry
- Presentation of projects in KAIZEN
- Serving as an internal assessor for ISO 9001 and 140001
- Serving as an internal assessor for NABH
- Completion of the NABH entry-level assessor course in 2019 in Mangalore
Merlin Gayathri’s professional journey has been marked by her dedication to excellence and her commitment to improving healthcare standards. Her career highlights include the following roles and achievements:
- Manager, Corporate Nursing at Fortis MSOG (Medical Strategy and Operational Group)
Area of Experience: Pan Fortis
Since January 2021
Bed Strength: Since January 2021
- Chief of Nursing at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
Area of Experience: Hospital-wide – Chennai Unit
August 2020 to January 2020
Bed Strength: 150
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent at Kauvery Hospital, Chennai
Area of Experience: Hospital-wide – Chennai Unit
Since October 8, 2018, to August 2020
Bed Strength: 150
- Nurse Educator cum Wound Case Manager (Extended Role) at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
Area of Experience: Multi-Disciplinary Critical Care Unit (MDCCU), Liver Transplant ICU & Multispecialty Wards
Since July 2013 to October 5th, 2018
Bed Strength: 650 beds
In addition to her extensive professional experience, Merlin Gayathri has served as a course coordinator for IDCCN and held roles in various specialized units, including Cardiac Care CCU and Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit. Her dedication to healthcare excellence, accreditation expertise, and leadership roles make her a valuable asset to the healthcare industry. Merlin Gayathri continues to contribute to the advancement of healthcare standards and accreditation practices, ensuring the highest quality of care for patients and organizations alike.
Dr. Hara Prasad Mishra is a pharmaceutical physician at the University of Delhi, India. He has worked on various projects involving “AI & ML in healthcare” with the Government of India, MNCs, & health-tech startups(Flipkart Health Plus, Dozee ,Pristyn Care etc ) over the last five years in various capacities.
Dr Mishra is an alumnus of prestigious institutions, medical training from the University of Delhi ;PGDMLE from NLSIU, Bangalore , management training from ISB ,Hyderabad. Dr. Mishra specializes in clinical pharmacology,digital health, computational medicine, & integrative medicine.
His research focuses on bridging current medical therapeutics with computation for
next-generation therapeutics. He has authored India’s first medical documentary on COVID-19 by a medical physician & hosts a podcast “Brain roast with DrHPM”. He holds 6 patents in the field of “AI in healthcare” & has 20 publications in national & international peer reviewed journals. His vision is to touch “a billion lives”.